I am often asked how I define my style. Actually, this is a great question. As a designer, it is important to develop an artistic voice — an aesthetic that is uniquely mine. I am a modernist at heart…in fact, I am of the belief that there is a DNA marker for modernism. Of course, I am kidding, but I truly believe that warmth and modern style can coexist. My style is derived from an interesting merging of the sophistication of museum quality modern design with the innovation of urban city street style aesthetic.
In that spirit, I am all about the “bridging of gaps”…pairing two seemingly dissimilar elements into one object. -ize designs:
- are androgynous by nature – not too masculine nor too feminine
- appeal to the usefulness of the analytical left-brain but the creative aesthetics of the right-brain
- are desirable to older mid-century enthusiasts and younger consumers who “just like it cool”
- appeal to mid and luxury market consumers
- are a marriage of craft, art and design
- combine warmth with contemporary styling; sophistication with fun
-ize – the designs that speak to you and sometimes render you speechless!