I am often asked how I define my style.Â Actually, this is a great question. As a designer, it is important to develop an artistic voice — an aesthetic that is uniquely mine.Â I am a modernist at heart…in fact, I am of the belief that there is a DNA marker for modernism.Â Of course, I am kidding, but I truly believe that warmth and modern style can coexist. Â My style is derived from an interestingÂ merging of the sophistication ofÂ museum quality modern design with the innovation of urban city street style aesthetic.
In that spirit, I amÂ all about the “bridging of gaps”…pairing two seemingly dissimilar elements into one object.Â -izeÂ designs:
- are androgynous by nature – not too masculine nor too feminine
- appeal to the usefulness of the analytical left-brain but the creative aesthetics of the right-brain
- are desirable to older mid-century enthusiasts and younger consumers who “just like it cool”
- appeal to mid and luxury market consumers
- are a marriage of craft, art and design
- combine warmth with contemporary styling; sophistication with fun
-izeÂ – theÂ designs that speak to you and sometimes render you speechless!